Husky Adventure Holiday in Yukon Canada Tour
This tour is an amazing wilderness adventure that will take you back to the early days of transportation by dog sled. You will spend your days mushing on the training grounds of many a quest musher and it will take you winding through some of the most spectacular wilderness in the Yukon. You will spend the first few days learning the basics of mushing and each day the trails will advance slightly in difficulty. Relax in the evenings with a shower, a sauna or in our cozy lodge by the wood stove. Then step back in time and camp in our wall tent camp at Dry Creek. We do everything we can to ensure that this is your adventure of a lifetime and that you go home with many happy memories of your visit at Sky High.
* Depending on the dynamics of the group this tour may include a 3rd tent night and the itinerary may change slightly.
* Please note that dog sledding is comparable to cross country skiing and does require you to be in relatively good physical shape.
* We do recommend that you arrive the day before your tour. Whether you arrive the day of your tour or days before don't worry we'll take care of you. All clients will be picked up at the airport upon arrival and taken to a hotel or straight to the ranch. Pre and Post nights can be booked for you upon request.
Included in the Price
- Transfer from and to Whitehorse
- Last night accommodation in Whitehorse (1 night double room)
- Accommodation in cabins (4 or 5 nights double room) or wood heated tent outpost camps (2 or 3 nights group acommodation)
- All meals including non-alcoholic beverages, except dinner day 7, breakfast day 8 in Whitehorse
- Use of personal sled and 3 to 6 Huskies
- Musher Diploma & Shuttle Pass
- Winter Boots included, all other equipment see below
- Alcoholic beverages (we buy jointly before the tour)
- Winter clothing rental of warm Northern Outfitters Jacket, Pants: $35/item, sleeping bag $45 each, mitts $20. Payable upon arrival in cash or credit card.
- Meals in restaurants (dinner day 7, breakfast day 8)
- All expenses of personal nature
* This Dog sledding adventure is a challenging but relaxed fun trip! We supply you with the best equipment possible and teach you all the important aspects of mushing.
* To participate you must be healthy, enjoy working with dogs and have a good team spirit. Dog sledding is a comparable physical activity to cross-country skiing, so you should be in relatively good physical shape.
* The camps have no power or telephone, showers are of basic gravity fed nature and not available in tent camp. Gravity fed shower and wood heated sauna at Lodge.
* We point out, that unforeseeable circumstances such as weather conditions, wind chill factor, extreme temperatures (-30 or lower), condition of the group or illness of the dogs may force us to change this itinerary. The safety of our guests takes precedence and our decisions are final.
* You will be required to sign a "release of claims and waiver of liability form" prior to the departure of this tour.
* We strongly suggest that all of our guests consider the purchase of travel insurance for protection against cancellation penalties and many other unforeseeable circumstances such as emergency medical evacuation.
- Thermal Underwear - 2 long sleeve shirts and 2 pants
- Fleece Pants and Sweater
- Neck Warmer and Balaclava
- Fleece Hat (Toque) or Fur hat
- Thermal Socks - 4 pairs
- Thin Fleece Gloves - 2 pair
- Head Lamp, with lithium batteries
- Goggles or sunglasses
- Indoor shoes or slippers
*Note: No Cotton!
* Items on the above list can be purchased in Whitehorse but make note that near the end of the season some of these Items may be hard to find.
Departures: Saturdays and Wednesdays
Rooms in Whitehorse $119 + GST CAD